A customer who has its own NMS integrates Advantech IPC with SNMP sub-agent into ithe industrial network:
1. IPC Temp., voltages, fan speed, RPS status are monitored, when the threshold is reached a trap is sent to NMS to alarm.
2. IPC platform information - product name, OS version/release date, boot count are retrieved & sent to NMS as device property.
3. IPC Intel S/W RAID status is monitored, when RAID is degraded (HDD fails), a trap is sent is sent to NMS; upon the defect HDD is
replaced and RAID rebuild is finished, another trap is sent to NMS to tell RAID becomes normal.
4. PCI/PCIe devices detection function allows user to check what devices including iDoor are installed in the IPC.
5. Any H/W device inserted into or removed from the IPC triggers H/W insertion or removal trap, ex. when an USB thumb drive is
illegally inserted a trap is sent to NMS to alarm.